Day By Day

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

This Is A Beautiul Day The Lord Has Made!

This afternoon, I had the car --- I had a beauty shop appointment, and several errands to run.

DaBear woke up late, and so we left late, and we hadn't left the apartment by 9:30am, my appointment time. I called Tuesday, my beautician, and told her I wouldn't be there before 10am. She preferred to reschedule for Wednesday, and I concurred.

Ten minutes later, Tuesday called me back and said one of her customers had called to cancel, and she offered me the lady's 1pm appointment. I accepted, gladly.

Since my morning was suddenly free, I decided to execute my errands. I went to Home Depot, right across from the Lazy E, looking for flower pots, potting soil, and miniature roses, but I found their selection of pots paltry, and their mini roses overpriced.

I left there and went to Office Depot, where I purchased several items. From there, I went to WalMart, where I got house shoes (a pink pair of Dearfoam scuffs and a black version of the pair I bought after the Great Flood, on sale for $6.00), a few mesh cups for my new pens (new pens!), and lined Post-it notes. I stopped at the bank and got some cash money.

Love the Lord, it was a beautiful day. It was a little over seventy degrees, calm and sunny and just glorious. I wound down the window, and was driving along uncrowded roads. I felt so good I picked up the phone and called DaBear and let him know it was a beautiful day the Lord had made!

I was a free agent, accountable to no human being but my husband. I had a car that moved freely, that had a radio and a working air conditioner (which I needed as the day progressed). I could afford to gas up that car, to go to the stores I loved and spend money on things I needed and a few things I just wanted, that I had folding money in my pocket. I had a husband with whom I could share this pleasure in this magnificent day.

I stopped at Walgreens and bought fingernail polish and a blood pressure cuff and an electric razor, and picked up some prescriptions. I bought lottery tickets and ice cream at a convenience store, and picked up a package at the apartment complex office. I hauled my goodies upstairs, dropped them off, then left again to go get my hair done and spend a couple of hours with a friend.

I had a great time at Tuesday's! I left there and drove to JCPenney, where I successfully returned a set of defective sheets I purchased over a year ago. JCPenney properly gave me a refund, which I used to order identical replacement sheets. The replacement sheets now cost less than I paid for the originals, so I came out right-side-up there! Beautiful day!

After that, I stopped at Lowe's, where I was able to find six pots and a big bag of potting soil --- sometime early next week, before the cold front moves in, I will repot my poor plants and make them happy, I hope.

Every day she was home, when I was a child in San Antonio, my mother would listen to KAPE-AM, the black radio station, and to their gospel program. They played this song a lot, sung by Albertina Walker.

"I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"
written by Ira Forest Stanphill

I don't know
About tomorrow ...
I just live
From day
To day.
I don't borrow from
Life's sunshine
For its skies may turn gray ...


No comments:

Powered By Blogger