Day By Day

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Pens!!!

I am a pen freak.

I love ink pens.  I especially love metal fine point gel pens that come in a myriad of colors.

Up until recently, my favorite pens had been, oddly enough, Office Depot's Foray Extra Fine Point gel pens (I would have posted a picture, but after taking a single shot, my camera's battery died).  The eight colors --- black, dark blue, bright blue, green, purple, red, turquoise, and pink --- are vivid, the 0.3mm point is very fine, and allows for teeny-tiny writing.  The grip area of the slender barrel is horizontally ribbed, and not all that comfortable, but not as uncomfortable as you might think.

I've also been enjoying the .5mm needle-pointed Bic Z4+.  Though I have only been able to find the needle-pointed one in black, blue, red, and green, they are a pleasure to write with, as they have a clean writing line, a nicely thickish barrel, and a comfortably padded grip.

And, of course, I like the Pilot Precise Grip Extra Fine needle-point.  It also comes in the four basic colors --- black, blue, green, and red.  It's a fat pen, and features a slip-resistant padded ring that lets me write for hours at a time.

But now I have a new pen love --- the Uniball Signo DX UM-151, seventeen colors, and with a wicked cone-point that doubles as a weapon!  It's a Japanese import even though it's a Uniball product --- the Japanese like their pens to come in fine points and plenty of colors.  The DX UM-151s I now have are .28mm, and ever so fine-lined! I'll post pictures later.

The colors include:  black, blue-black, brown-black, blue, light blue, sky blue, green, emerald green, lime green, red, orange, mandarin orange, pink, pure pink, baby pink, golden yellow, and violet.  They are beautiful, and glide over paper like a dream!

I just love my pens!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger