Day By Day

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Started A Fight Today ...

The ladies on the black women's discussion list are amazingly thin-skinned.  They squeal like stuck pigs at the least little thing!

In the past, I have been accused by these women of hating black people, since I sometimes post messages critical of other black folks.  The pot boiled over when I posted a message in 2008 about a TV show on one of the MTV/VH1/BET/Blah-Blah-Blah channels.  This show featured well-to-do and spoiled Black teenagers.

"Can't you post something positive about black people once in a while?"  Nevermind that I often post positive --- in fact, glowing --- articles about black people all the time.  It pissed me off, and still does, because it implies that I am somehow not black (I'll tell that tale to the blog another day.)

So, I stumbled onto the TMZ story about Chris Brown beating up his girlfriend Rihanna hours before the Grammys, where they were both slated to perform.  I posted it with the subject "Talking Bad About Black Folks:  Chris Brown Beat Up Rihanna."  The text of the message:





Yes, yes, I know, I hate all black people.


Having said that ... the accusation is that nineteen-year-old Chris
Brown beat
the sh*t
out of his girlfriend Rihanna (and why is there no "ex-"
modifier in front of that noun?) Sunday night.  Said injuries included:
  • two bruises on her forehead that, according to police, looked
    like "devils' horns"
  • bite marks(!!!) on her person;

  • a bloody nose; and

  • a busted lip.

This delightful example of masculinity apparently did his work with his
fists, the old-fashioned way.  What a man of his hands ... not!


Now, getting beat up by your significant other is bad, no matter who
you and no matter who they are.  Rihanna, however, makes her living
from her beautiful face and voice.  This sucks.


Now ... how long will it take for him to get the R. Kelly Scumbucket
Humanitarian Award?





The delighful denizens of the list immediately decided I had "racialized" the incident.  One of the women insisted that I had changed the header of an existing thread to racialize the incident.

Geez Louise!

If I had just reported the incident, I would have been accused of running down black people.

Maybe, the next time someone posts a negative message about black people, I should post Rodney Allen Rippy yelling "That's wraaaaacist!"



Okay, one day I will feel mischievous enough to do just that!


No comments:

Powered By Blogger