Day By Day

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why Do I Do This?

So I never went to bed Sunday night. 

DaBear was sick, and slept most of Sunday away.  I got up Sunday with my own health issues ... I had a sore throat and stiff neck, both of the right side.  The sore throat expressed itself especially when I coughed.  Sunday afternoon I developed throbbing pains on the left side of my face, in the teeth and the cheek.  The pains lasted two hours or so, and only then did that side get stopped up a little; once I was able to sniffle, the pains ceased.

I just never went to bed.  DaBear felt ill Sunday night, and even he was up till almost 2 (reading Dresden books).  I just stayed up, for no good reason --- I wasn't getting anything done in particular, other than the wash.

DaBear got up at 7:30 or so and emailed his boss that he wouldn't be in, then went back to bed.  And still I stayed up.  I was making phone calls, but still ----!

I showered, but instead of going to bed I started fiddling with the computer.

He got back up around 11 and made himself something to eat.  Then I made myself something to eat.

Sometime just before 2pm, I was sleeping in my chair, leaning over in the most awkward positions, and DaBear persuaded me to go lay down.   He woke me up around 6:40pm to eat. 

Now it'a almost 2am.  I finished the wash, filled the dishwasher, made a sh!tload of blog entries, and had a snack ... all since he went to bed at midnight.

I'm taking the car tomorrow, and I have a raft of errands to run.  And, yet, I may not get into bed before 3 --- I have to shower, I think.

<sigh>

This has to change.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger