Day By Day

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Who I Am ...

For those of you who don't know, I'm a member of FreeRepublic, and a card-carrying member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy.

For a taste of who I am, here following is an annotated and expanded version of my FreeRepublic profile rant.




Born and raised in San Antonio, living in Northwest Austin.

=====

Yes, I'm black. Yes, I'm female. Put your doubts aside ...!

Yes, I'm a Texan, fourth generation on my mamma's side, born and bred --- can you tell I'm proud of my native state? Yes, I "do" genealogy --- if Texas genealogy, or black genealogy, are among your interests, leave me a message!

Yes, I'm a computer jockette --- computers are my personal avocation and professional occupation. I started out as a programmer on Big Iron; when it comes to personal computers, I've done just about everything there is to do with them.

Yes, my husband is white. Yes, I like black men just fineYes, we know what we're doing ... we've been together since 1989, and it's gonna last a little while longer. It's lasted a little bit longer than "jungle fever" or "curiosity" or "defiance."

Yes, I love most music. Yes, the only new music I regularly listen to is country --- and yes, I grew up listening to it. Yes, I despise most rap, and the "new" R&B. I went country around 1985, so I probably don't know --- or care for --- much of the music you do. And don't blame my white husband ... my daddy and I were listening to country back in 1968.

Yes, I'm pro-life, and anti-abortion. Your right to choose rests in your choosing to have sex. If you screw up recreational sex and make a life, you and your partner must deal with the consequences. You are, after all, the grownups. Committing murder for the sake of your convenience, your lifestyle, or your waistline is NOT ALLOWED.

And, oh yeah, it's NOT a nasty bit of protoplasm; after ten days, it's a person with a beating heart.

And, yes, I support the death penalty, too. I don't see a contradiction there. When you show me an unborn baby that can wield a weapon efficiently enough to kill another human being, then we can talk about how the two positions --- pro-life and pro-death penalty --- are soooo very contradictory.

Yes, I'm pro-homeschool, and pro-vouchers. No black child --- heck, no child, but especially no black child --- belongs in a government school. That goes triple for black male children --- the system is geared against them in particular.

Yes, I'm pro-gun, and pro-carry. I think we'd all be better off if we carried our guns on our hips, and were ready to use 'em. People are a lot more polite to the armed.

Yes, I think drugs for adults and prostitution amongst adults should be legalized and regulated and taxed like every other branch of entertainment. Involve someone under 18 and I'll help the Big House fall on your head.

Yes, I'm conservative. And, yes, I learned my conservatism from my mamma and daddy, who were church-going, hard-working, money-saving folks who had been through the Depression and understood true privation. What I didn't learn about being conservative from my parents, I learned from Robert Heinlein, my favorite author, whose books I started reading at the age of six. Don't blame my white husband ... I was conservative LONG before I met him!

Yes, I support the United States' prosceution of the Global War on Terror, aka GWOT, aka the Long War. Yes, I enthusiastically support our magnificent US military. Yes, I often support the Bush Administration's positions, with no shame. And, when I don't support the Bush Administration, I won't be ashamed to tell you that, either.

Yes, every day I put my palms together and thank the good Lord that Al Gore was NOT the President of the United States on September 11, 2001. Yes, I vote every chance I get, and, yes, I vote mostly Republican.

Yes, I voted for George Bush, twice. Yes, I'm glad that I did, both times. Beyond my belief that the alternatives to George Bush were unfit to serve, I support many of the Republican Party's platform planks. Even more importantly, I don't support most of the Democrat Party's aims.

Yes, I believe in the United States of America and the principles upon which she was founded. I read the words of the Declaration and the Constitution and the Federalist Papers, and I'm proud to say that my heart swells and my eyes swim. That flag and that song mean something to me.

Yes, I love this country, "my own, my native land!"

Your mileage, of course, may vary.

1 comment:

RuthDFW said...

naw girl you didn't vote for him twice??? LOL.

Powered By Blogger